Terms and Conditions
- 2022 Olympic Day Virtual Run (“the Event”) is organized by the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China (“the Organizer”). Participants must read the following terms carefully. Upon completing his/her registration and payment process, an applicant declares that he/she agrees to and accept these Terms & Conditions and all other rules and regulations which may be adopted by the Organizer from time to time.
- The Organizer has the rights to change the Terms & Conditions and/ or Event contents from time to time, the amendment will be effective immediately without prior notification. If there is any dispute related to the Terms & Conditions and/ or Event contents, the decision of the Organizer shall be final and conclusive.
- If the participants did not follow the Terms and Conditions, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any offenders and terminate his/her participation in the Event. The decision of the Organizer is final and conclusive.
- The participant and parent or guardian of participant who aged below 18 shall be responsible for any violation of law or regulations which causes damage and losses to the Organizer or any third party.
- Participants are advised to check the weather condition before participating the Event. If the weather is inclement, participants are advised to cease the activity.
- Participants should pay attention and comply with the latest anti-pandemic and social distancing measures to be announced by the Government from time to time to make sure the activity will be conducted at a safe and hygiene environment in order to protect participants’ and others’ healthy.
- Terms and Conditions are in Chinese and English. In the case of discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail. The Organizer reserves the right to interpret and amend the above rules.
- Registration starts from 10:00 a.m. on 24 June 2022 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on 22 July 2022.
- Quota is limited and registration is accepted on a first-come-first-served basis while quotas last.
- Participants must be aged three or above as of the year of 2022 and as a Hong Kong resident. The Organizer has the right to verify and request for verification of the age of participants before, during and after the Event. Participants aged below 18 will be required to obtain parent or guardian’s consent before registration of the Event.
- All participants and parent or guardian of participant aged below 18 must read and agree to be bound by all Terms and Conditions before joining the Event, otherwise the participant will be disqualified.
- Participants and the parent or guardian of participant who aged below 18 must ensure all information, including personal contact, is accurate, and no impersonation of any third party.
- Participants provide invalid personal data or substituted by others, the Organizer has the right to disqualify his/her participation and no refund any registration fee under such circumstance.
- Participants shall prepare adequate food and drinks during the Event (including proper sportswear, take sufficient sun protection or cold-proof measures), and the activity record shall be measured and prepared by participants’ own devices such as smart watches or mobile phone applications.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the participants within a week after the registration is received by the Organizer. If participants do not receive the confirmation email, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sportsoho Media Limited (Office hours: 10:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m.) by phone at 2117 1650.
- Each participant must provide his/her name according to their HK Identity Card for verification and issuance of e-certificate. No amendment could be made after the certificates produced.
- Each participant should register with a valid email address for receiving notifications and the e-certificate or any official announcements from the Organizer etc.
- Each participant is entitled for one registration for each category only. Each activity record can only be uploaded once.
- All team members in the ICBC (Asia) Presents – "All for One" Team Event must upload their individual records.
- Participants must bear the participation risk and purchase insurance on their own as necessary.
- All activity records shall be measured and recorded by participant’s own devices such as smart watches or mobile phone applications. Each activity record uploaded must clearly show the activity route, distance, date and time. All activity records shall be uploaded during the Event Period and before 11:59 p.m. on 31 July 2022 to the participant’s individual account on the Event Official website. No record will be accepted after the aforementioned period.
- The Organizer will check and verify all activity record and photo uploaded by participants. The Organizer reserves the right to delete any invalid activity records and photos and disqualify the corresponding participant from receiving any souvenirs or gifts.
- The Organizer or Organizer’s related corporations and or his partners will use activity record include the uploaded activity data and selfie, for the administration and promotion use of the Event in future.
- The Organizer will not compensate or accept any liability for any damages or loses of any activity record during using or upload.
- Participants who do not complete any activity record in the Event period will not be provided any finisher gift and the Organizer shall take no responsibility of compensation or refund.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any legal responsibility in relation to any delay, loss, error, or illegibility in the information sent or registered by any participant or any notice sent by the Organizer due to computer, email, internet, telephone, technology or causes that cannot attribute to the Organizer. The participant cannot dispute.
Physical and Health Conditions
- Participation in the Event is on voluntary basis. The participant and parent or guardian of participant who aged below 18 agree and accept all risks involved in the Event and gives up any right to claim from the organizing entities, including the Organizer, the Event Secretariat, the Subvention Body, and the Sponsors, on any personal injuries, accidents, death or other damage or losses caused by the activities of the Event. Participants and parents or guardians must ensure that themselves and/or their children are fit and suitable for participating in the Event.
- Participant shall complete the Event by his/her own effort. External assistance such as tools, equipment and manpower will not be accepted and the corresponding record will not be recognized.
- Unless otherwise stated herein, Finisher Gift are non-transferable or non-refundable, nor exchangeable for cash or benefits in-kind. The Organizer will notify participants of the detailed information, Terms and Conditions and entitlements of the Finisher Gift directly.
- The team participants have read and agreed to the “Terms and Conditions of Free Credit Card Spending Limit Sponsored by ICBC (Asia)” (“Terms and Conditions of ICBCA”) before registration of the Event. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of ICBCA, for any team participants aged under 18, the HK$1000 free credit card spending limit sponsored by ICBC (Asia) shall be credited to the ICBC (Asia)’s credit card account of his/her designated parent or guardian. “ICBC (Asia)” is the abbreviation of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Limited.
- The Organizer will not provide any certification and compensation to participants for any loss, damage or stolen once the finisher gift is redeemed.
- The Organizer is not the source supplier of any of the gifts to be awarded of the Finisher Gift. Any disputes arising from the use or enjoyment of any of the gifts shall be resolved between the participants and the relevant source suppliers. Prize redemption is subject to the operating terms and conditions of the relevant source suppliers, for which the Organizer accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever.
- Privacy Protection – the Organizer respects the participants’ legal rights of privacy. Except for legal purpose or as requested by the related organizing parties, we will not disclose the participants’ HKID number (first 4 digits) and other personal data that are protected under the Ordinance. Participants grant the Organizer the right to disclose to third parties the HKID number (first 4 digits) and personal data in aggregate in case as required to do so by law or in the good order of the law or comply with legal process served on the Organizer; allow the Organizer’s related corporations and or his partners to provide the services. For the avoidance of doubt, any material uploaded or through the use website is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any leakage of personal data.
- All personal data of the participants will be destroyed three months after the completion of the Event.
- The personal data collected in the Entry Form is used by the SF&OC for administering the Event. If you give your consent under the parts ‘Join as “Hong Kong Olympic Fans Club (OFC)” Member’ and/or ‘Receive the latest information of SF&OC’, your personal data (name, contact number and email) will be kept in the OFC’s and/or SF&OC’s database for the purpose of sending you information / updates.
- In relation of the personal data obtained by the Organizer from the participants:
36.1 administer and/or process the participation of the participants in the Event; 36.2 verify the identity of the participants; 36.3 contact and/or communicate with the participants about the Finisher Gift redemption and/or any other information in connection with the Event; 36.4 resolve any disputes arising from the Event; 36.5 the Organizer is entitled to publish and/or announce the name of the participants in its website and/or through any other media as may be chosen by the Organizer; 36.6 the Organizer may disclose or provide such personal data to its agents, employees and appointed service providers involved in this Event but the Organizer will also make all reasonable efforts to ensure that such personal data will only be used for the purposes specified in articles 36.1-36.5 above; 36.7 the personal data may be used for future promotion purpose with participants’ consent.
- The Event shall be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Organizer, duplicated application or withdrawal of the Event due to any personal reason, no refund of the entry fee will be made.
- If the Event cannot be held as scheduled due to special factors, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, amend or suspend the Event, no refund of the entry fee will be made.